It was one of those nights, when you wonder if you will stay asleep long enough to actually feel like you are sleeping. Thinking about the most random things, but always coming back to one thing.
Its been one of those days when all you hear is the sound of kids playing, fighting, playing, laughing, fighting, and then the sound of dancing feet as they follow along with Dora.
And here I am in my kitchen, rocking out to my ipod (depending on the song) baking cookies, and crying. The reason for the tears, is yet to be known. A lot of emotions running right now. Every now and then Carlee and Bryndi venture into the kitchen and here I am baking cookies and crying. So hence the title of the blog.
I woke in the night to get up with Elly and had my Grandpa Price on my mind. I woke this morning with him on my mind still. Don't know why and don't know if I ever will know why. I don't know if I feel guilty for not going to see him as often as I should. I want my girls to know him and to know of him. I want them to be able to see who their Great Grandpa is. Ashlyn knows him and loves to go see him at the nursing home, but Elly has no idea who he is. So out of nowhere, I decided to bake his favorite kind of cookie, which happens to be my Aunt Deaun's cookie recipe. I talke to my mom and she had just talked to my aunt last night. We thought it was kinda funny how all this seems to have happened.
So here I am sharing this recipe with you. So when you make them, you too, will also think of someone dear to you.
Aunt Deaun's Chocolate Chip Cookies
preheat oven to 375 degrees
2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cups soft shortening (sticks)
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
6 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. chocolate chips
Cream together sugars and shortening. Add in vanilla, eggs, and milk. Mix well. Add remianing ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake 10-12 minutes
1 comment:
Brooke, can you substitute butter for the shortening or would that ruin the whole recipe?
Post a Comment