I woke up this morning and felt like I hadn't slept at all (which I didn't sleep much at all last night, and it wasn't even Elly's fault), and so I wasn't too sure about even wanting to start my day. So I got up and started my usual morning routines, weigh myself (about every 3 days), showered, got Ashlyn up, etc. But to back up a ways, I lazily walked into the bathroom to weigh myself and as I was standing there thinking, "it's probably the same, no change at all, it was the weekend," I glanced down and to my surprise I was down 2.5 pounds.
So I hurried out to the Wii so I could weigh and graph my measurements. So I checked my graph and we started weighing on there seriously after the new year. It hadn't changed much, but then on February 4, is when I started to drop. So in 18 days, I have lost 10 pounds and a couple ounces. I can't remember how many. But this past week alone, I have lost anywhere from 4-5 pounds. If I was on the Wii I could me more exact.
I didn't do all this on my own motivation, I had the help from Jared. It started off as me counting points, like weight watchers. I thought "I've done it before, I can do it again." But for some reason, this time it wasn't working like it had the first time. Jared was losing steadily, and I was getting upset that he was and I wasn't. I would lose a pound in a week, but my weight would fluctuate throughout the week. I finally said something to him about how its not fair, and he said "Well what's working for me is counting calories, and seeing what's really in a portion, and writing it all down." He showed me his chart he put together (did lots and lots of research) and how it worked. So I asked him to put one together for me, and he did. (with even more research) I thought to myself, "I wont' be able to eat anything, I am going to starve!" I started writing down the number of calories I ate each meal and tried to stay within what the chart says. At first it was "this is not going to work" and now I say "IT REALLY WORKS!"
We just don't count calories, we work out every day. I feel so much better when I work out and it makes me feel better about myself. I love the compliments I get from Jared and the energy I have. I have Jared to thank for being my motivator and for always being there for support. We do some of our workouts from P90X together and its a lot of FUN!
Just to give you an idea of what I am able to eat during the day, I will tell you about yesterday's food. For breakfast I had a bowl of bran flakes and a mini whole wheat bagel and that came to 190 calories. Before we went to church, the girls had a snack so I had a 90 calorie granola bar. For lunch after church, we had roast beef, potatoes, gravy, and beans. I looked online at calories in beans and for the ones you bottle yourself, it was about 34 calories a cup, 150 calories for 3 oz. of roast beef, 150 for 1/2 cup mashed potatoes with milk added, and then the gravy was 20 calories for 1/4 cup. And when you measure all of that out, its a lot of food. I used our food scale to weigh the meat. Then last night at my Mom's I had ice cream, chips and salsa, and some cheese with jam on it. So my total calories from yesterday were only around 1200 and I could've had around 1400. So I ate a lot for little calories and I wasn't even hungry.
Anyways so I am going to have a good day, because I feel healthier, better about myself, and I have more energy. It's amazing at what 10 pounds does to your body.
8 comments:
That's awesome Brooke! We need to have some of that motivation here! Great Job!!
Good job Brooke! That is such an awesome feeling. I love the feeling of hard work paying off. Keep motivating the rest of us!!
Way to go Brooke! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad Jared was there to motivate you since our plan didn't work!
Yea! That is AWESOME! Keep posting your successes, maybe that will help motivate me.I'm needing some help staying motivated. Great Job! How did Jared come up with the total calories in a day? I want to try that.
Congrats! You are amazing!
Food journals are definitely the way to go. Congrats to you on your success!
Congrats! That was pretty fast to lose that much weight, sign me up!
that is awesome...always motivating when you see the results And yes 10 lbs makes a huge difference...it is usually a pant size. I should give you my herbal life info i have good research on food etc. from when i lost the 30lbs....dont worry i am slowly gaining that back in baby. ha!
Post a Comment