This year I decided to forego resolutions. I have looked back on past resolutions and realized I really didn't stick with them. I usually do good the first month (or week) and then out the window they go. Instead of being let down and thinking "see I can't even stick to something like that," and being disappointed with myself, I decided to focus on things that I already have and things I can work on.
So this year, I am going to focus on the things in my life that mean the most to me. My family, my health, my Jared, my "me time," my home. I am going to focus more on my girls and make sure they are happy and have what they need. I am going to spend more time with them, teach them new things, help them enhance the skills they already have. I am going to broaden their horizon (yes even here in WY). We will do swimming lessons, music and movement, mother/daughter nights, activities, and do things as a family we haven't done.
My health: past years I have always said "I am going to get into the best shape since having kids." Once again I always do really good the first few months and then it drops off. But this year, it will be different. Instead of putting myself on a restricted diet, I am going to just take better care of myself. I will watch what I eat. I will do the exercises I want (if its dancing to music on my Ipod, then that's what it will be). So far it's working and I am loving it. Not to brag, but I have already lost 4.4 lbs and I already am starting to feel better. I want to have more energy for my girls. I want to make sure that I am always going to be here for them and for Jared. I want to make sure I am here for as long as I possibly can be, so I don't miss out on their life. I know I am still young, but I don't want to wait and then it be too late to change.
My Jared: We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year. I know 10 YEARS!!! That's AWESOME!!! I am so excited. It's been a rough 10 years, but it's been worth it. He is by far my best friend. I miss him when he isn't here and I count the hours and minutes and seconds until he gets home from work. I love him more than anything. And so this year, it's all about him and our marriage. We are planning something fun for our anniversary and we are so excited about it now, and I don't want that to wear off.
My "me time": It's very rare that Elly takes a nap, but when she does, I feel like all I do is clean up the house and do the things that need done. And then at the end of the day, I look at what I have wanted to do for me and nothings been done. We all deserve me time, that's the only way we can stay sane. Every mom can agree with me that we need our ME TIME!
My home: I know where we are at now isn't permanent (thank goodness) but until we are able to get into a more permanent home, this will be our home. I have never really been SUPER EXCITED about where we live, but I've decided I just need to be grateful for a roof over our heads and a place we can call home. I am going to make sure it's a place of peace and comfort. I want my family and those that come to visit to feel like they are at home and can relax. I want to make sure that my girls feel safe here and that it's a place they will want to be.
I know it's nothing super exciting, but these are the things that I am going to work on this next year. Things that I have in my life already and I want to make sure I have them forever.
Happy New Years everyone.
1 comment:
I think its perfect! All your ideas are exactly what I have been reflecting on myself! Miss you!
Post a Comment