Tuesday, July 12, 2011

6 Days & 1700 Miles Later

Jared and I celebrated our 10 year Anniversary this past May. We decided it was time to go and do something fun, just the 2 of us. We talked about places that we thought would be fun to go in the allotted time that we had, and decided on Vegas. I had never been past Provo, UT, and so I was excited to just to go further than that. We planned out our route and decided we were making it a road trip to places I had never been. We left on a Wednesday afternoon, and returned late the next Monday. The girls stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Lundholm, and were spoiled like crazy. They had a lot of fun, and SO DID WE!!! We stayed in Cedar City, UT the first night, and then headed to Vegas on Thursday.
Vegas was a whole new world to me. So many different people, different languages, and just a completely different way of life. I came to the conclusion, that I could never live there. To visit, would only have to be a couple days. But I had fun while we were there. Here are a few random pics from our time in Vegas. There aren't a whole lot because I was too fascinated with it all.

I would just like to say, there is no one else I would rather have spent this time with, than my best friend, Jared. 10 years is a long time, but when I think about it, we have been together since 1997. I loved him when I first met him and I love him even more today. He's my best friend, soul mate, and eternal companion.

This is in St. George, had to take a break for a bit. Nice helmet! :)


There was a lot of this...


And this...I loved all the mountains


And then we saw this!!


We stayed at the Excalibur...it was a lot of fun.


This is the pool area from our room...we were on the 10th floor


Next to us, was the New York New York...I also loved this hotel


Cheesy pic of us at dinner. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe...Yum!


Our hotel at night


One night we decided to ride the roller coaster at the New York New York. Let me just say it was really scary! My roller coaster experience has been limited to Lagoon...so this was a little more for me. By the time it was done, my throat was sore, my muscles were tense, and I was ready to go...AGAIN!!! So here is a daytime pic of the coaster.


Bellagio


Bellagio


Eiffel Tower




Absolutely loved all the palm trees!


Statue of Liberty out of Jelly Belly's! Wanna lick?!

There were a more pics, but this is a quick run down of Vegas. There is so much more to see and so many more things to experience. But that will have to be planned for another time. (which I am secretly doing...zip lining through Vegas, helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon, etc)

No comments: