I know this is nothing new to most of you stay at home moms, but I just need a little time to vent. There are some days that I just want to throw in the towel and wash my hands of all of this. I just don't want to do it anymore and I don't have the patience to. For instance, today, we were having a Beehive Presidency meeting at my house. If the weather would've cooperated, we would've been able to be outside, hence the drama wouldn't have been so bad. It all started when there were two boys Ashlyn thought she needed to impress. So she changes into a skirt and a "fancy" shirt for them, "but mom, I need to look nice. I'm a princess" So my "princess" proceeded to impress the boys. She flirted, she showed them around the house, (her fish, toys, vacuum closet, storage room, etc.) That was no big deal that she showed them the house, I guess that's the polite thing to do.
Well then it came down to showing them the bedrooms. Her room was a mess. They pulled out all the toys and I don't know if they even played with any of them. Then Elly's room, which is kinda boring to older kids, and so not much time was spent in there. Then they decided to check out our room. I had a basket of laundry on the bed that needed folding and the room was nice and neat before then. In the middle of the meeting, here comes the boys running and screaming and trying to hide. Not far behind them, comes the "princess" chasing them with a bottle of my body spray, (frozen daquirri) trying to spray them. I came unglued...I lost it. In front of my beehives, I got after Ashlyn. I told her to go put that back and that she shouldn't even be in my room. I follow them to my room, and it was a DISASTER! The basket of laundry was thrown all over the bed, and everything, I repeat everything smelled like frozen daquirri body spray. Things were tipped over on our night stands and out of place. I was furious.
After all that was over, we had a nice talk about boundaries and privacy. I had a headache, I needed caffeine. The "princess" still hasn't learned from all of that. Our talk on privacy and boundaries makes her even more curious. Will she ever learn?
After a day like today, I was ready and willing to throw in the towel and just be done. Then something magical happened, she told me she was glad I was her mom. All seemed right in the world for a split second. Being a mom was the best thing at that moment. Seeing her play with Elly and talking to me with respect and kindness, was the best part of my day. I forgot about all of the craziness from before, (until I folded the clothes and smelled body spray) and just enjoyed that moment.
1 comment:
Oh man! I wish I could say I understand, but Grey isn't to that point yet. Sounds like they were havin fun. I loved the ending to your story though. Ashlyn is a true sweetheart!
Post a Comment