I don't know how many of you will agree with me, but summer has gone by way too fast. I remember when we were little and how it seemed like we were in school forever and time just creeped by and we couldn't wait for school to be over with. And then summer seemed to last forever and we could play and play and play. Then one day, time started to fly. I've always wondered what age we were when things started going faster for us. The school days didn't seem as long for us as they used to, (and we even lost recess and so that should make them feel longer) and then the years started going to. Then next thing we knew, we were graduating. Hoping time could stand still a little bit more, it only seemed to speed up. And now here I am, married for seven years, sending Ashlyn off to 1st grade and having a 5 month old baby. It just seems like not to long ago, we were in Rexburg and Ashlyn was our baby. I am afraid to blink or sleep for fear I will wake up and be a sending Ashlyn off to college or helping her plan her wedding.
We've had a fun summer though. We didn't really go on any vacations, but we were able to do things as a family and spend time with cousins. This summer was a lot different from previous ones because we had a newborn and so just going to do things was a lot harder. Things that we thought would be fun to do, were put on hold until maybe next year. Gardening was a lot different also and so was yard work. Things got neglected because of lack of time and energy. But spending time with the girls is what's important.
Then came the thought of moving. Jared interviewed for a job in Wyoming, and for weeks we thought, "we could be moving...are we ready for that again?" Well, they offered him a job, but not the one he really wanted, and so for now, we are staying here in Terreton. We are happy with the decision we made. So the stress and worry is over.
I guess what I am trying to say in a round about way is, cherish the time you spend with your kids and family. Enjoy the moments and memories that you share together. Don't worry so much about all the work that needs to be done to make the house look nicer or the yard look like you spent every minute possible out there. Family should come first, because like I said, time keeps going by faster every day.
1 comment:
you've been tagged!!
Post a Comment