It all started last night when I had said to him "well home depot opens at 6 and so if you got up and went in the morning, then you could be back home by 8 and you wouldn't lose anytime working on the house." As wise as I sound, he decided it would be a good idea to do that. So this morning he got up just a little after 6 and got ready to head into Home Depot. We looked outside and had seen it snowed, but he said he would drive careful. About a 1/4 mile from Sage Junction, he spun a 180 and was heading backwards down the road and went off and hit a sign.
A guy from Rexburg stopped to help and Jared called his dad (this was around 6:45 this morning) to come help and then the state cop showed up. He was there for quite sometime and then they had to get the car out. A guy with a pick up hitched the car on and pulled it out. It was covered in mud. The police report and the ticket that he got says "failed to maintain designated lane of traffic." So in other words, he got a ticket for sliding on the road, spinning, and driving backwards off the road and hitting a sign. Like he could control it! Sounds like a pretty dumb reason for a ticket.
All is well with Jared. He was just a little shaken up. But as for the car, well, thats a whole other story. Jared took it over to Pro Collision and got and estimate and it came to about $2700. Not too bad, right? Thank goodness for car insurance. So here are a few pictures of the car that I took. I am
2 comments:
I can't believe they gave him a ticket! It wasn't his fault that the roads were slick. I'm glad he is okay and that you have insurance :)
That is SOOOO scarey! I'm glad that Jared is OK. So, did you guys ever get to Home Depot?? :)
Post a Comment