Monday, August 16, 2010

We Made It!

We have now officially lived in Evanston, WY for 9 days. WOOHOO!! We are still getting settled, but life is good.

Jared is loving his job and is currently on his last week of 4/10's. Next week he will start his school year work days and so no more 3 day weekends for awhile. The girls love having Daddy home and we have enjoyed the long weekends while they lasted.

The girls are still adjusting to life away from Grandma's and Grandpa's. Elly had a really hard time last week. She kept asking to "go home to her house," and she "wanted to go see Grandma right now." She would cry to me asking if we could please go home. I explained to her numerous times that this was our new home. She would cry and say "No! By Grandma's house!" I think now she is starting to realize that this is where we are going to be.

Ashlyn is starting to get used to living here. She is excited for school to start and to be able to meet new friends. She misses her friends out home, but is looking forward to the new adventure. She is having a hard time adjusting to sharing a room with Elly. I know she wishes she had her own room. We gave them the biggest room and so they have plenty of room to live. (I hear the giggling and laughing and know they LOVE it) We are going to get her signed up again for piano so she can keep being amazing at that.

As for me, moving here was HARD. I was doing really good until the day my Mom and Dad came to say by to us before they headed back to Idaho. Its not all the time that I hear my Dad fighting back tears as he is saying good bye. But for my Mom and I, tears flow freely. I will DEFINITELY miss being next door neighbors to them and being able to see them whenever I wanted. I will miss living 10 minutes away from Jared's parents and spending Wednesday's with them doing piano and making dinner. I will miss the chatting to Mickie and my Mom why they are at work. I will miss knowing that my girls could see their grandparents anytime. I will miss my dear friends that I have there. The girls nights, FHE group, friends from Jared's work.

BUT...

I will cherish all of that forever. I am still here, I am still Brooke, I am still the friend and person I was why I was in Idaho. I am looking forward to this ADVENTURE with Jared and my girls. I am looking forward to the new people we will meet and interact with. I am excited for the opportunities we will have as a family. I am excited for the new friends I will make. I AM EXCITED!!!

We love all of you and greatly appreciate the love and support we have had.

2 comments:

Bobi... said...

Isn't it nice that we can still check each others blogs and facebook to keep up. Glad you guys are getting all settled in. Hope Ashlyn has fun at her new school. And I'm jealous that school doesn't start for another two weeks there. Wish we had more summer here too!

Anonymous said...

so glad i finally found your blog =)