It's the most wonderful time of the year...I know that's a Christmas song, but I think it could go for anytime of the year. (just as long as you leave out the rest of the song) Or maybe this would be better "leaves are falling all around...", but no matter how you look at it, FALL is in the air. Everywhere you look there are signs of seasons changing and I LOVE IT!!!
This year will be different. I loved being able to look outside and see our trees turning orange, red, yellow, and brown. I loved watching the leaves fall, but dreaded the raking. I loved watching the girls jump in the piles of leaves and throwing them up over their heads. I love sound of crunching leaves as you walk.(weird I know) I love the crisp cool mornings and being able to have your windows open all day. I love the smell in the air.
I loved being able to harvest my garden. Canning potatoes, carrots, freezing corn. I don't miss the weeding, but I miss being able to go out and dig my veggies and to watch Elly pick fresh strawberries and raspberries.
I love potato harvest. I love the smell of potato cellars. I loved driving at night and seeing the lights out in the fields where they are digging. I liked to watch them move their equipment past my house and the trucks that would go by. I am an IDAHO girl and I love the fact that potatoes come from IDAHO! I love going to the grocery store and seeing Idaho potatoes.
This will be the first year in many years that we will miss out on potato harvest. I won't be able to enjoy the 2 week break from school. The lights at night out in the fields. The smell of potatoes fresh from the fields.
But no matter where I am, fall is in the air. I will still love fall for all the beauty it brings to the earth. There is nothing more breath taking that seeing trees vibrant with color against a blue fall sky.
We are so blessed to have such beauty and wonder around us.
2 comments:
I love fall too. I was excited to hear that they have a harvest dinner here. Fall reminds me of comfort foods, football games, hoodie sweatshirts, crunchy leaves, halloween, and pumpkins...You have to love it! Ü
Fall is my favorite too! I love everything about it!
Post a Comment