Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Special Place

This past week, Jared and I had the opportunity to go to the funeral of someone I thought of as a Grandma. The news of her passing broke my heart. My heart ached for her family and the loss they would be feeling. At the funeral, I was reunited with some of my dearest childhood friends. We hugged and we held onto our hugs, embracing that friendship. To me, they are family. There were no awkward hellos, just years of friendship reunited. My heart was full, and when it came time to part ways, goodbyes were sad. Promises of keeping in touch were made by all. Words can't express how amazing it was to be there. Being able to reconnect with friends/family from the past, was priceless.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I was thinking of you after playgroup-funerals are really so sad but its so nice to be gathered with everyone and reunite with old friends. Glad it was a good trip.