I found this recipe on a blog I follow called Little Birdie Secret and couldn't wait for the weekend to come so I could make them. We fell in love with this recipe and it's going filed away in my book of many yummy recipes. I thought I would share it with you. I linked to her blog above so you could go check out the pics she posted of it. I think you will love them too.
(we 1 1/2 the recipe. We first just followed like she said, but there wasn't enough to put on top after you pressed half into the pan. So we made half the dough recipe and it was plenty. The caramel and that is still the same, just the dough part I would either double or 1 1/2 it.)
Oatmeal Caramelitas
35 caramels
5 T. evaporated milk
--melt in a saucepan over low heat stirring often until melted and combined.
While melting caramel, mix together:
1 cup quick cook oats
1 cup flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup melted butter
--Press half of the mixture into a greased 11 x 7 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour caramel mixture over chips. Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture on top. Bake for 15 minutes more. Refrigerate immediately for at least 2 hours. Cut and eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment